Here are a few ways you could celebrate such an important day for our nation:
- Hang an American Flag from your house roof, car, or your work building. Display it with pride and show that even today it´s worth fighting for Freedom.
- Get a copy of the Declaration of Independence and read it. It’s only about a page or two. It’s one of the all time greatest documents and that makes great reading. Remember what we fought for and why it’s still worth fighting for.
- Dress up patriotically. Some citizens choose to wear clothes that have the U.S flag design on them, or choose to wear the red, white and blue. You can have a lot of fun trying to look as patriotic as possible using just these colors.
- Show your support by watching a local 4th of July parade in your community or city. Be sure to wear a hat, apply sunscreen and bring your own water, so that you are comfortable all day. Also, don´t forget to bring blankets or folding chairs.
- Enjoy a barbecue or picnic with family or friends. It´s always a good time to get together so why not do it to celebrate such an important day in history.
- Get active. Both on the 4th of July and the days around it, there will be a number of festivities, fireworks displays, and other fun you can join in depending on where you live. Its best to check your local municipality’s website, or the site of event organizers for exact details.
- Make crafts for Independence Day. If you have children, it’s an ideal time to make crafts together to celebrate the day.
- Pop fireworks or attend a fireworks show provided by the city at night. Most cities and towns provide a fireworks display of some kind. Check the information site of your city or municipality for details.
We hope you enjoyed reading this and don´t forget to
Have a fun and safe holiday weekend!!
Make sure to add your email if you would like to follow us.