It´s cold in some areas of the country and well Winter is fast approaching.
Moving is not one of the most enjoyable things to do and freezing temperatures and snow will lower your motivation. Holidays are coming and there is so much to do, so if you want to cross off an item of your to do list, give us a call, and let us help you TAKE A LOAD OFF!
- If you do need to move in the next upcoming months, keep an eye on the weather! Have a detailed plan for your move, and like everything, make sure to have a BACKUP PLAN. If going with movers, make sure they can be flexible with your schedule.
- Make sure everything is ready for the move. Be organized and put everything together that you would like the movers to take. Label boxes so that it is easier for movers to know where they go on the day of the delivery. Remember to take a duffle bag with all the necessary items you’ll need for either yourself, children, or pets.
- Make sure all the utilities that can be turned off are and make sure to lower the heat but do not turn if off completely.
- Protect the floors in your new home: if it´s either wood or carpet, moving in and out can cause some damage, so keep some towels or pieces of cardboard by the entrance.As heavy boxes may be put on the snow and then lifted again, the dirty snow will melt and cause much headache when cleaning your house after the move. So, just try to prevent melting snow from entering inside the house.
- Keep the main walkways, sidewalks, driveways and especially stairs free of snow. If it’s possible you’d better prepare this the day before the move. It’ll make your moving day easier, if all the busy ways are clean. Not only it is difficult to carry heavy boxes down icy sidewalks, but it is also dangerous. People may just fall down and harm themselves or your belongings.
- Some items are delicate and may become more brittle in cold weather. So double pack them to protect and make your movers carry them easily. Also remember to have individual packages for glass and other delicate belongings.
- If you have pets, you should take special care of them during the move. Let them stay in one place boarded not to be under feet of movers. If you have a friend or someone who can take care of your furry baby, ask them to look after them for a day or two. Or you can ask special pet care centers, if it is not out of your budget. If your pet is with you, make sure to leave it in a warm room not to catch cold.
- Hiring professional movers may be the answer of a safe and easy move. Just make sure to confirm all details. Don’t forget about extra pairs of gloves, as their gloves may get torn during the process. Make sure they are happy and their fingers are not frozen while working.
- Any hot drink is really a must during the day. When you feel your hands and feet don’t want to go on at all, have a break and invite your movers to have a cup of hot chocolate or tea. It will make them get extra energy and think you’re awesome. All will be done more effectively, and you’ll all feel better.
We hope you enjoyed reading this post, feel free to Like and Share!