Shredding documents is sometimes portrayed as an inherently suspicious activity. Nothing could be further from the truth.
The vast majority of organizations shred for all the right reasons:
- To PROTECT their customer’s privacy and prevent IDENTITY THEFT.
- To OBEY LAWS, requiring shredding.
- To PROTECT their company and shareholders by safeguarding proprietary trade information.
Paper Shredding Facts
- IDENTITY THEFT and information-based fraud is the fastest growing crime in the U.S.
- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that you give up ownership of information when it is casually discarded.
- Because of the new laws, investigative reporters are increasingly looking to the dumpster as a source of easy to find headlines.
Call 212.781.4118 for a shredding service price quote in New York TriState area.