Thinking of a long distance move to Chicago from New York? Every day, people move to and from the greater metropolitan area of Chicago. Occasionally, some move locally from within the city or to the suburbs, while others move cross country to New York, Miami, Houston, or Los Angeles. Since 2003, All Around Moving has assisted in thousands of residential, commercial, and international moves. As always, we ensure that each need is fulfilled while remaining cost effective.
No two moves are alike no matter the distance. Hence, that’s why our professional moving representatives always provide a comprehensive plan customized to your needs and budget. No matter the size and scope, we here at All Around Moving ensures you have a safe and successful move.
Call 646.723.4084 for more info.
Take a moment to fill out the form below for your free long distance moving quote to Chicago!
Making a move to Chicago, Illinois has to be a well thought-out endeavor. Making a long distance move from Chicago to Dallas, Miami, New York, Maryland, or Georgia no longer needs the unneccesary stress. As always, All Around Moving has the resources to make your relocation stress-free with all your furniture and fixtures secure and intact.
Relocation Services Chicago
We offer the following services for all long distance moves to and from Chicago including:
- Arranging and scheduling of quality moving personnel and movers
- Variety of different transportation options – vans, trucks, shipping containers
- E-Store provides ordering and delivering of packaging and shipping materials – ie. boxes, bubble wrap, furniture pads, packing tape
- Accessibility to renting relocation equipment – dollies, furniture trollies
- Short and long-term self-storage availability nationwide
- Packing and wood crating service
- International shipping services
We are proud to be an “A” rated company by the Better Business Bureau. Consequently, All Around Moving, continues to be the preferred moving company for residential and commercials moves to and from Chicago, Illinois. We arrange to deliver your possessions on time based on your schedule and moving needs that’s within your budget constraints.
Therefore, moving doesn’t need to be a stressful process. Let us arrange the perfect move!
Contact us today to receive your estimate by filling out our Long Distance Moving Quote Request, or call directly at 646.723.4084 or 212.781.4118.
Why One Should Consider Moving to Chicago, IL?
Frequently Asked Questions – Chicago
How much does it cost to move from NY to Chicago, ILL?
When preparing to move from NY to Chicago, the cost is typically one of the first questions we think of. Conducting a quick search, you’ll find that the average cost of moving from NY to Chicago will cost between $1,500 – $8,000.
When determining the overall cost, you must consider many factors in order to get an accurate estimate. Some variants that will impact the cost to move from NY to Chicago include:
- The timing of your move will impact the cost due to offseason and peak moving season.
- Special Equipment / Services
- Some movers’ own furniture that requires additional equipment in order to move them such as dollys and straps. Along with the special equipment, additional manpower may be required, which will certainly increase cost, but reduce time spent on the job.
Additionally, services such as packing, unpacking, assembling, and taking furniture apart may be an additional expense.
- The size of your home
- Larger homes will require more boxes, packing material, longer use of manpower, and possibly a larger vehicle to transport your belongings.
Is Chicago a bad place to live?
For those who want a bustling urban hub without the cost or stress of a bigger city, Chicago is a great place to live. Considered cleaner than New York and nice than Los Angeles, Chicago is the largest city in the Midwest. These factors make moving to Chicago an attractive option for those looking to relocate.
Is moving to Chicago a good idea?
Some would argue that Chicago is cleaner than New York and nicer than Los Angeles. Chicago is the largest city in the Midwest. As such, it still has a touch of humbleness in its roots. There is ample public transportation, good jobs, and plenty of diversity. This makes moving to Chicago a good idea and an attractive option for those looking to relocate.
Many think that moving to Chicago is a good idea. This move will open a new world of cuisine and unique Windy City experiences.
What to know about moving to Chicago?
If you plan a move to Chicago, know about the following:
· Population: 8,865,000
· Median household Income: $55,198
· Average house cost: $330,000
· Major industries:
- Printing & publishing
- Financial trading & services
- Food processing
Where should I move in Chicago?
· Lincoln Park
- For many new Chicago residents, Lincoln Park is their first choice. This neighborhood is excellent option if you’re new to city living and a great place to help you get your bearings. One perk of residing here is that you will be close to Lincoln Park Zoo, which is completely free and open to the public year-round. The neighborhood is easily accessible by bus and the red or brown lines.
- Andersonville is considered one of the more affordable and relaxed neighborhoods. Along with being laidback, this community has a strong LBGT contingent.
· Wicker Park / Bucktown
- Wicker Park and Bucktown are well known as the hipster neighborhoods. You will find live music venues, dive bars and upscale eateries alongside cool clothing stores with up-to-date streetwear. Wicker Park and Bucktown are located along the blue line, which rides directly to O’Hare airport and can easily take you downtown.
· River North
- River North is the home of Chicago’s gallery district, boasting the largest concentration of galleries in the US outside of New York. You’ll find the cities top nightclubs, restaurants, and bars that are frequently visited by a variety of celebrities. If you have a lot of money and consider yourself to be among “the beautiful people” River North might be just right for you.