Frequently Asked Questions – Phoenix
How much does it cost to move from NY to Phoenix, AZ?
If you are considering a move to Phoenix from NY, you can expect to spend between $2,500 and $7,000 and even more. You may consider consulting with several moving companies to ensure that you receive the best value for the services you are receiving.
To determine an accurate estimate, you must factor in all the details of your move that will influence the overall cost.
Review the following areas to help determine some of the expenses involved with moving:
- Packing materials
- All moves require packing materials to successful and safely more your belongings efficiently. Some packing materials include boxes; tape; markers; and labels.
- The number of movers required to complete your move will influence the overall cost to complete your move. Be advised, the more movers you have will reduce the time required to finish your move.
- Special equipment
- Some mover’s own furniture that requires additional equipment to move them, such as dollys and straps. Along with the special equipment, additional manpower may be required, which will certainly increase cost, but reduce the time spent on the job.
- Peak season & offseason
- These times will influence the prices due to the high demand of moving services.
You may incur additional charges for services such as packing, unpacking, assembling, and taking apart. Ensure to express all your requirements with your local moving company.
Is Phoenix a bad place to live?
New residents are relocating to Phoenix daily. Especially after considering how many advantages moving to Phoenix has. Arizona’s cities are among the top 100 best places to live in. Of course, you’d have to like warm weather, outdoor activities, bars, and clubs. The weather, state parks, and growing economy have people moving to Phoenix. With that being said, it’s hard to see why one would consider Phoenix a bad place to live.
Is moving to Phoenix a good idea?
A great thing about moving to Phoenix, Arizona is that there are good jobs available throughout the state and rural options available, too. Which means you could live comfortably. Especially because Arizona housing isn’t expensive at all. Many families are moving to Arizona and renting for the first year.
If you love the sun, then moving to Phoenix is a good idea. Arizona has over 320 sunny days yearly. Phoenix a bustling city in the middle of the desert and, yes, it does get hot. Yet, that’s a minor inconvenience when you can enjoy the outdoors year-round, right? Greater Phoenix has been and continues to be one of the hottest growth areas in the United States.
What to know about moving to Phoenix?
Arizona has plenty of museums, operas, and theaters if you prefer that kind of fun.
Cinemas are on every corner. There is also a huge variety of restaurants from Thai food to Moroccan food.
Many celebrities are starting to invest in Arizona’s food scene by opening restaurants. Anything you can think of, you can find it. Arizona residents love outdoor activities. Arizonians also love going out to clubs and bars.
That is exactly why you can always find a good place to have a drink and dance to some good music. And if you like to shop, big shopping malls can be found all over the state.
Prior to the pandemic that effected the world in 2020, the Grand Canyon attracted nearly 6 million visitors annually.
- Population: 7 million. The largest city in Arizona and the 5th largest in the US
- Median Household Income: $79,890
- Average House Cost: $302,500
- Major Industries:
- Oil & Gas, & Mining
- Technology & Innovation
- Bioscience & Healthcare
- Business & Financial Services
- Film & Digital Media
Where should I move in Phoenix?
The following list includes the best communities in Phoenix
- Ahwatukee Foothills
- Desert View
- Paradise Valley
- Litchfield Park
- North Gate
- Queen Creek
- Deer Valley
Determining where you should move in Phoenix will vary for every for many reasons. A top factor all consider is your budget. Also, many want to be centrally located or reside near public transportation to make getting around the city easy and convenient.