Who doesn’t love to live in a house with attractive flooring? We spend thousands of dollars to make our floor look awesome. It enhances the overall look of your sweet home. For many years, houses were built with wooden floors or carpets. But in the modern era, as new construction methods and designs are mushrooming, concrete flooring is gaining more and more popularity.
Inside the World of Modern Floors
As modern home designs are rapidly gaining ground, there are plenty of options for you to choose. Wooden flooring and carpeting are quickly becoming things of the past while choosing concrete flooring makes your home stand out among the crowd. A wooden floor will cost you a fortune, and it cannot retain its quality for many years. Instead, if you choose modern concrete flooring; it will give you the same if not better service for a longer time. Using covering materials like epoxy can give your room the ceramic look you always wanted. But is it worth it? Let us consider some factors before we reach any decision.
Reasons to Opt for Concrete Flooring:
- Natural Friendly:Concrete is made of components that store as well as reflect heat. In winter time it absorbs much-needed heat, and in summer it reflects sunlight to keep the floor cool. Besides that, it is energy-efficient and environmental-friendly. In comparison to other flooring materials, less energy is needed to produce concrete and no trees are harmed during the production of it.
- Durability:Concrete is very durable. Nothing can harm concrete flooring Be it heavy furniture, claw marks of pets or stains that usually damage the flooring, concrete can handle pretty much everything. This makes it the best choice especially for garage and home flooring.
- Ease of Maintenance:Do dust mites and your child’s messes give you frequent headaches? Well, switching to this option will save you! Cleaning concrete is very easy. Also, as it doesn’t let bacteria and allergens grow on it, it protects you from unwanted diseases.
Reasons Not to Consider Concrete:
- Safety Issues:Although using concrete for your floor does enhance the visual appeal, it doesn’t provide enough functional safety. Most things that fall from your hands like your expensive smartphone, tablet or maybe your laptop, will be likely to break. Toddlers, as well as new grown babies, may get a severe injury if they fall awkwardly.
- Unpleasant Noises: Due to the compounds used in it, concrete tends to amplify sounds. It intensifies sound waves causing unwanted loudness. You may have to spend extra on rugs or mats to get rid of the noise.
- Disordered Placement Procedure: Installing a hard floor with concrete can be a very untidy affair. It creates an enormous mess. Besides, it has to be placed precisely. If the flooring is not proportionately positioned, it can ruin the overall look of your floor.
Advantages Of Concrete Flooring:
An appropriately built concrete floor will outlast most other parts of the structure.
Concrete floors for the most part are sturdy and won’t wear out even in high-traffic areas like entryways.
3. Energy Efficiency
Solid floors retain heat and this can improve the inside climate inside the residence and decrease energy usage.
4. Speed Of Construction
Solid concrete floors can be built rapidly. Precast ground surface frameworks have the additional bit of leeway of decreasing the measure of work needed nearby.
5. Moisture Resistance
Solid concrete flooring is nonabsorbent and consequently offers adequate protection from moisture. This makes it suitable for floors in areas that are susceptible to spills like stores.
After going through all the pros and cons of concrete flooring, it is up to you whether you want to go with it or not. There is no doubt that concrete flooring will enhance the beauty of your home. The visual balance that this flooring brings to your wardrobes, furniture as well as kitchen and bathroom fittings, is second to none. At the same time, installing it can be challenging. There are flooring companies you will find in your area if you are thinking to get it installed. Visual appeal, cost efficiency, and durability make it the best choice out of all the flooring options. If installed and maintained properly and skillfully, it will serve you for many years at an affordable cost.
We hope you found this blog post Is Choosing a Concrete Floor Worth It? useful. Be sure to check out our post 7 Best Home Flooring Ideas and Options for more great tips!
Have Experience in the Moving Industry? Want an Additional Income Stream? Work With All Around Moving!
Partner with us and we’ll help you profit. Click here to learn more.