There are no perfect professions. And often, our idea of representatives of this or that sphere is either strongly idealized or overly prejudiced. Remember, like when we were children, it seemed that the happiest person was an ice cream salesman: he could eat his favorite product as much as he wanted.
However, some people do not always have a clear idea of what certain professionals do, even adults. Today, we will shed light on one of these mysteries and take apart the pros and cons of real estate realtor jobs. After all, today, this profession is in demand, and many people are wondering whether they should try their hand in this industry.
Who are realtors?
Real estate agents find and buy real estate and then sell or trade it. The activity of any real estate agent is quite complex. Let’s take a closer look at what it takes to become a real professional.
Most real estate agents are in private practice, working in a private company only for themselves. In this situation, they also have to be entrepreneurs. Somewhat less frequently, but still, you can meet specialists whose place of work is a real estate agency, an investment firm or company, or another organization whose occupation is somehow connected with real estate operations.
Is it worth working as a realtor?
There is a strong belief that almost every professional working with real estate – is practically a potential millionaire. We want to disappoint those who expect instant success. Realtor vacancies – it can be a commercial real estate leasing manager, an agent to work on the secondary housing market, or a specialist in other market segments- are not a call to get rich quick and easy. Instead, they should be seen as an invitation to study hard and work hard. And then, perhaps, you will get a lot. It is unlikely that it will be a mountain of gold right away, although, with a lot of hard work and a certain amount of luck, even the first conducted transaction may be very effective for you. Do you want to know what to expect? Especially for this, we will briefly describe the pros and cons of a realtor’s job.
Pros of working as a realtor
- A significant advantage – you are free to plan your working day. With a competent approach, there will be time for yourself.
- Do you want to get a decent wage? No problem, earn as much as you can, and the result will only depend on you.
- You will not need to sit out the eight hours in the office. Remember that you decide what time to start and finish work?
- Constant new acquaintances, among which will be a lot of exciting and valuable.
- It is vital for you to systematically acquire new knowledge, work on yourself, and polish these or those qualities. This is directly related to the success of your professional activities.
- Your age and previous skills don’t matter: you can experience what it is like to work as a realtor. Pluses and minuses are inevitable in any case.
Working as a Realtor – cons
- Scheduling is not as easy as it may seem. If you are not a very organized person, there may not be enough time in the day.
- The first time (which can drag on indefinitely), it’s very likely that you won’t generate income: no deals – no money.
- You will inevitably have to move around a lot, regardless of your desire and availability of energy and time. And from time to time, there will be a need to be in several places simultaneously.
- An eight-hour working day? You often will be much longer, considering that the traffic jams are almost endless. And be online and will have to be constantly.
- It is likely that you will not be able to withstand the constant stress, fear of doing something wrong, even get depressed. Stress tolerance is the key!
So, we have tried to briefly consider the pros and cons of working as a real estate agent. If we consider the issue in more depth, the list of both positions will be significantly longer. And, of course, in this profession, everyone can additionally find their advantages and disadvantages.
In any case, the constant value is the excellent opportunity to help people, no matter what they say about individual realtors’ greed and impenetrable cynicism. Still, the vast majority of them each time, after conducting a complex transaction, have a genuine pleasure – from having managed to do the impossible and to see the happy faces of their clients. Of course, no one promised that they would work for nothing. If you are still interested in this career path, check out Jooble for their latest realtor vacancies.
We hope you found this blog post on Pros and Cons of Working as Real Estate Agent useful. Be sure to check out our post on How to Choose a Good Realtor: Major Client Misconceptions for more great tips!
Have Experience in the Moving Industry? Want an Additional Income Stream? Work With All Around Moving!
If you are interested in applying your skills in the moving industry, check out our program to earn extra income. Partner with us and we’ll help you make money. Click here to learn more.