Are you considering making the big move from Philadelphia to Florida? If so, there are a few things you’ll want to consider before picking up your bags! Below, we’ve outlined the top 10 things to consider when making this transition. Keep them in mind, and you’ll be on your way to a new and exciting life in the Sunshine State!
- Cost of living: Florida is a more affordable place to live than Philadelphia. The cost of living in Florida is about 25% lower than in Philadelphia.
- Weather: Florida has a much milder climate than Philadelphia. The average temperature in Florida is about 73 degrees, while the average in Philadelphia is about 47.
- Taxes: Florida has no personal income tax, while Pennsylvania has a 3.07% personal income tax.
- Housing: The cost of housing in Florida is significantly lower than in Pennsylvania. You can expect to pay about half as much for a home in Florida as you would in Pennsylvania.
- Healthcare: The quality of healthcare in Florida is much higher than in Pennsylvania. The United States News and World Report ranked three Florida hospitals among the top 50 hospitals in the country.
- Education: The quality of education in Florida is much higher than in Pennsylvania. The National Center for Education Statistics ranks seven Florida schools among the top 100 schools in the country.
- Culture: Florida is a culturally diverse state with many activities and attractions to enjoy. From theme parks to beaches to golf courses, there is something for everyone in Florida.
- Crime: The crime rate in Florida is significantly lower than in Pennsylvania. Florida has the third-lowest crime rate in the country.
- Transportation: Florida has a well-developed transportation infrastructure, with major highways and airports connecting the state to the rest of the country.
- Retirement: Florida is a popular retirement destination for seniors due to its warm climate, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
Moving from Philadelphia to Florida can be a significant change. Still, it can also be an excellent opportunity to start fresh and experience all the Sunshine State offers! So keep these ten things in mind, and you’ll be on your way to a new life in Florida.
Get an idea of the cost of living in your desired city or town.
When relocating, one of the most important factors is the cost of living. How much will you need to budget for housing, food, transportation, and other expenses?
If you’re considering a move to Florida, it’s essential to understand that the cost of living is significantly lower than in other states. For example, the cost of housing is about half as much as in Pennsylvania. And although the quality of healthcare and education are both high in Florida, they’re still cheaper than in other states.
So what does this mean for your budget? To give you a better idea, here is a breakdown of some ordinary expenses in Florida versus Pennsylvania:
Housing: In Florida, the average rent for a one-bedroom apartment is $850 per month, while in Pennsylvania, it’s $1,500 per month. If you’re looking to buy a home, the average price in Florida is $200,000, while in Pennsylvania, it’s $325,000.
Food: The average price for a gallon of milk is $3.39 in Florida and $3.99 in Pennsylvania. A dozen eggs cost an average of $3.19 in Florida and $4.29 in Pennsylvania. And a fast-food hamburger costs an average of $5.50 in Florida and $7.00 in Pennsylvania.
Transportation: The average price for a gallon of gas is $2.48 in Florida and $3.15 in Pennsylvania. A monthly public transportation pass costs an average of $60 in Florida and $104 in Pennsylvania. And the average price for a new car is $23,000 in Florida and $30,000 in Pennsylvania.
As you can see, the cost of living is significantly lower in Florida than in Pennsylvania. So if you’re considering a move to the Sunshine State, rest assured that your budget will go further here!
Research neighborhoods that fit your budget and lifestyle
When it comes to finding the right neighborhood for you, it can be a daunting task. You want to make sure that the community you choose is not only affordable but also fits your lifestyle. Whether you’re a young professional just starting or a family with kids, there are plenty of neighborhoods that will fit your needs.
Considering your tight budget, consider looking into more affordable neighborhoods. The Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn have plenty of areas offering more bang for your buck. The Bronx might be a good option if you’re looking for something with a bit more of an urban vibe. On the other hand, if you’re looking for something quieter and more suburban, Queens or Brooklyn might be better choices.
If money is no object, there are plenty of neighborhoods in Manhattan that would fit your needs. If you’re looking for something luxurious and upscale, try the Upper East Side or Upper West Side. On the other hand, downtown or Chelsea might be a better fit if you’re after something trendy and hip. No matter what your budget or lifestyle is, there’s a neighborhood out there that’s perfect for you.
Do some research and explore your options. With so many great neighborhoods to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect one for you.
Ship your car or fly there instead of driving
When it comes to traveling, there are a lot of options to consider when it comes to getting from Point A to Point B. Driving may be the most common option, but it’s not always the best one. Here are some reasons why you might want to ship your car or fly there instead of driving:
1) Time: It can take a lot longer to drive than it does to fly. If you’re in a hurry, flying is the better option.
2) Comfort: Driving can be uncomfortable, especially if you’re traveling long distances. Flying is a much more comfortable option.
3) Safety: Driving can be dangerous, especially in unfamiliar territory. Flying is a much safer option.
4) Cost: Shipping your car can be expensive, but flying is often more costly. It depends on your budget and how quickly you need to get to your destination.
5) Convenience: Shipping your car can be a hassle, and flying is often more convenient. It’s up to you, but if convenience is a priority, flying is the way to go.
Regarding travel, there are pros and cons to all the options. You must weigh all the factors before deciding which method is best for you. In some cases, driving may be the best option. But in other cases, shipping your car or flying there may be better. Consider all of the options before making your final decision.
Make sure to get familiar with the area before moving in – drive around, explore, and find out where the best places are to live, work, and play.
Once you know where you want to live, take some time to drive through the neighborhoods. Look for things like parks, grocery stores, and coffee shops. While driving, keep your eye out for potential commute times. You don’t want to move somewhere that will take you hours to get to work each day.
It would be best if you also explored the area around your potential new home. Are there any good restaurants or bars in the vicinity? What about shopping? It’s also a good idea to find out what kind of activities are available in the area. For example, if you’re into hiking or biking, make sure there are trails nearby. If you love spending time at the beach, make sure there’s one within driving distance.
Finally, you’ll want to find out where the best places are to work. If you’re looking for a job in a specific field, do some research to see if any companies in the area match your interests. You can also look for job postings online or in the local newspapers. Once you’ve found a few potential jobs, visit the companies’ websites and see if they have any information about their culture or values. This will help you decide if the company is a good fit for you.
After you’ve researched and explored the area, you should have a good idea of whether or not it’s the right place for you. Moving to a new home can be exciting, but it’s essential to make sure you’re prepared. With a little planning, you can ensure that your move is smooth and successful.
Plan your move carefully, making sure to schedule time for packing, loading, and driving
When it comes to moving, it’s essential to plan. If you don’t schedule enough time for packing, loading, and driving, you’re likely to end up stressed out and behind schedule. Here are a few tips for ensuring a smooth move:
1) Start packing well in advance. This will give you plenty of time to get everything packed up properly.
2) Hire a moving company. This will take some of the burdens off of you and ensure your belongings are handled safely.
3) Make a list of what needs to be done and when. This will help you stay organized and on track.
4) Pack one room at a time. This will make the process less overwhelming and help you avoid losing essential items.
5) Leave behind any unwanted items you have accumulated over the years. Now is the best time to declutter and reorganize your possessions. Make a pile of all the items you want to get rid of and hire a house cleanout company to come haul away the unwanted items.
6) Label everything carefully. This will make unpacking much easier later on.
7) Take breaks! Moving can be exhausting, so take some time to relax and recharge.
With careful planning, you can ensure a smooth and stress-free move. By taking the time to pack appropriately and schedule adequate time for driving, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy your new home sooner rather than later.
Make friends with your neighbors – they can be an excellent resource for finding out about local events and activities.
Making friends with your neighbors can have a lot of benefits. Not only can they be an excellent resource for finding out about local events and activities, but they can also be a valuable source of information and support in times of need. So why not take the time to get to know them better? You may be surprised at just how much you have in common!
Here are a few tips for getting to know your neighbors:
- Attend local events and activities together. This is a great way to get to know each other and have some fun simultaneously!
- Get involved in your community. Volunteering for a local charity or nonprofit organization is a great way to meet new people and make a difference in your community.
- Organize a neighborhood get-together. This could be something as simple as a barbecue or picnic in the park. Invite your neighbors and get to know them better over some food and drinks!
Making friends with your neighbors can be a great way to improve your quality of life. So don’t hesitate to reach out and get to know them better!
We hope you found this blog post: Tips for Relocating from Philadelphia to Florida, useful. For additional tips and advice, check out also: Moving To Florida: Tips For People Looking To Relocate in 2022 blog post article. Additionally, we put together this newsletter to share with your friends and family.