Transporting your car to a different location may seem like a hassle, but if you hire a professional car transport carrier, your life will become much easier. Here are some tips on what you should know when transporting your vehicle.
What you should know when transporting your vehicle:
- Make sure the car is clean, this allows for quick and fair evaluation of the vehicle prior to shipment.
- Car needs to have about ⅛ tank gasoline, this is because a Car transporters are weight sensitive.
- No Personal items inside the car.
- Antennas should be lowered or removed.
- Transporter and DOT require that all keys be provided for the vehicle. This includes ignition, trunk, glove box, and other keys.
- Alarms should be turned off. If there are special instructions required to start the car or disarm alarm, please let the driver know. The Transporter is not responsible for drained batteries as a result of an alarm that has not been turned off.
- Luggage Racks, Non-permanent luggage, bike or ski racks should be removed. Should the vehicle have a nick, scratch, chip, crack or any other condition, The transporter will not be responsible for damage caused as a result of Acts of Nature.
- Spoilers, fairing, air dams, or other low hanging items should be removed so sufficient clearance is assured, and to expedite loading on the car carrier transporter.
- Removable Radios should be removed from the vehicle.
- Take pictures of car before loading and after unloading.
Finding Help with Moving Professionals
We hope you found this What You Should Know When Transporting Your Vehicle list useful. Check out this post on Major Issues Faced During International Transportation. For more Moving Tips follow our Blog.
For a stress free move where you don’t need to take care of anything contact us today! We are “A” rated members of the Better Business Bureau and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce. All Around Moving takes pride in taking care of every need our customers before and during the move.
Discover how uniquely priced we are compared to other moving companies in New York. Get a moving quote specifically tailored to your moving needs by calling us TODAY!
Have Experience in the Moving Industry? Want an Additional Income Stream? Work With All Around Moving!
Join this unique opportunity. Working with us will enable you to earn money. We share the profits 50/50 on all jobs booked with us. Click here to learn more.