Sooner or later, any organization may find itself in the need for an office relocation. The reasons for moving offices can vary, but the common goal for different companies remains the same – how to organize the relocation swiftly without causing significant disruption to the business.
Not every company, even a large one like MyHomeQuote, possesses its own fleet for transporting goods and experienced movers. Therefore, handling office relocation independently often extends over several days and may end up with unfavorable outcomes. To steer clear of these potential challenges, it is wise to rely on the expertise of professionals and engage the services of a professional moving company for the relocation of your office.
How to Organize the Relocation: Step by Step
Here are the key steps in organizing an office relocation:
Assessment of Work
Evaluating the volume of the transported goods and estimating the time required for their preparation, packing, loading into vehicles, and transportation is a crucial stage in the organization of the relocation. This includes a meticulous calculation of the necessary space for the transported belongings and determining the time needed for preparing, packing, and loading items into the transport.
Coordinating optimal transport timelines, choosing a suitable route, and conducting a preliminary cost estimate are key aspects that require attention in the organization of the relocation. This ensures effective and transparent planning, meeting the needs of both the client and the moving company.
Packing of Belongings
During the relocation, special attention is given to the quality packing of belongings, mandatory labeling, and careful loading into the vehicle. This is aimed at ensuring the safety of the property during transportation and facilitating the subsequent unloading and arrangement process.
Safe transportation of property to the new location with subsequent unloading and arrangement takes precedence in the organization of the relocation. This involves careful loading, secure fixing of the cargo in the transport vehicle, and meticulous adherence to all safety measures during transportation.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
At first glance, planning an office relocation may seem straightforward, but in practice, it appears differently. Relying solely on internal resources, many companies waste a considerable amount of valuable time, leading to disrupted workflow and financial losses for the enterprise.
Common mistakes in organizing office relocation include:
- Incorrect time calculation, resulting in delays and plan disruptions;
- Incorrect estimation of the required transport for relocation, potentially causing insufficient space for cargo or unnecessary capacity, leading to additional expenses;
- Lack of a layout plan for office furniture and equipment in the new office, significantly complicating the unloading process and subsequent organization of workspace;
- Improper packing of items, risking damage to property during transportation;
- Involving office employees in the relocation without the necessary competence, leading to inefficient use of working time and increased risk to property.
In conclusion, companies face a range of challenges when attempting to conduct an office relocation without proper preparation and professional assistance.
What to Pay Attention to
During the relocation process, the customer should pay attention to several important points, despite the fact that packing, securing the cargo, bringing it down to the first floor, loading, and moving to the new location are handled by the transportation company. For a successful organization of the move from the customer’s side, the following is recommended:
- Designation of responsible employees of the company who will coordinate the relocation process, being present in both the old and new offices.
- Careful adherence to the approved order of transporting goods will help avoid unnecessary difficulties and expedite the process.
- Timely preparation of spaces for installing furniture and equipment in the new office will ensure a more efficient move and quick adaptation to new conditions.
- Ensuring control over the transportation of particularly valuable equipment, it is not necessary to monitor every step of the loaders, but it is recommended to have the ability to oversee the process.
- It is better to transport money, important documents, and other valuables independently to avoid losses and ensure their reliable security.
- After completing the move, it is important to clean both the new and old offices to leave the spaces clean and orderly.
Now you know more about the nuances of organizing a move. All this will help eliminate hassle and make the process simple and understandable. It is recommended to turn to proven companies that will assist with organization.
We hope you found this blog post on Office Relocation Preparation: What to Consider useful. Be sure to check out our post on Office Relocation: How to Make An Office Move Swift and Easy for more great tips!
Have Experience in the Moving Industry? Want an Additional Income Stream? Work With All Around Moving!
All Around Moving’s Work With Us program provides experienced moving relocation consultants with the opportunity to run their own Relocation Consultant business from anywhere in the USA. We provide licensing, dedicated phone lines and email hosting, moving software for lead tracking, invoicing, and complete set up.
We’ll even provide the carriers, or you can use your own. A nominal one-time start up fee gives you initial-customer-leads to get your business up and running. There are no recurring expenses, except purchasing your own leads. We share profits 50-50 with you from all jobs you book with us. Click here to learn more.