Having your team handle the stress of relocating, while it’s busy with deadlines and monthly goals, isn’t the most efficient thing for business. This is why an office removals specialist in Perth is your best bet to keep your business operations seamless during an office relocation.
For office teams to continue performing at a high level, they need to be in an environment where they’re comfortable and secure, but that won’t be the case if you don’t plan the relocation properly.
To help you do things right, here are some things that you need to consider doing during the relocation process:
If you want the transition to be seamless so your team can perform at the highest level even when relocating, you need to get them ready for it.
The opposite of getting them ready is by dropping a bombshell on them with a sudden announcement of an immediate office relocation.
To make sure that they’re comfortable and ready for the relocation, you need to tell them about it so they can prepare for it too. For a seamless relocation, start planning at least ten weeks ahead of the relocation day.
- Get your office removals specialist to visit your current office so the company can know important details such as the number of staff, appliances, documents, and other items that you need in your new location. Also, by seeing your current office, they get an insight into what you want to do.
- Make sure that you hired the right relocation firm by asking questions and references that can point to their ability to implement your relocation.
- Make sure that the new office suits you well. Visit your new location and take note of its characteristics that might be important. Also, create a floor plan of the new place and take measurements to make sure that all your equipment and staff will fit well there once you have relocated. The last thing you want for a high-level top performance staff is a cramped work environment.
- Double-check everything. We know that you already did, but it’s always better to verify as much as you can. Take note of your usual large items such as computers, desks, and air conditioners and see if they will fit in the new office.
- Let your employees know. Since the staff will occupy the office, you need to make sure that they’re moving to a place that they’re happy about. You can do that by showing them your plans and asking for improvements to the new office so they can work in a comfortable and efficient environment.
- Is there a good internet connection? Most business today is done through the internet, and a bad internet connection in the new office is a recipe for disaster. Make sure that the internet connection is good so the employees can continue working without skipping a beat after the relocation.
Before the Relocation
- To make sure that you, the staff, and your relocation firm are on the same page, send them photocopies of the floor plan for the new office. It‘s key because miscommunication can lead to problems during and after the relocation.
- Label your equipment. Put labels on the things you need in the new office and things you don’t. With this, the relocation firm will be sure about which equipment to take and which to leave behind.
- Remind your employees about their relocation responsibilities. Whether it’s packing their computers or workspaces or making copies of documents, they need to do their task. The last thing you want during the first day in the new office is a day’s work wasted because someone forgot to bring something from the old location.
- Make sure that you have everything you need from the old office. You’re probably not going to return there anytime soon and everything left will be disposed of, so make sure to take all the equipment, documents, and everything else you need.
- Save your budget with an in-house computer specialist from the relocation firm. Hiring a computer specialist from another firm is more expensive. Working with a specialist from your relocation firm, you’ll be sure that you have someone experienced working on your computers at a cheaper price.
On Moving Day
On moving day, be clear to your staff on what you want them to do to make sure that everything works perfectly.
- Relocation specialists know what to do. It’s what they’re good at, and you should let them do it. They know how to move cabinets, put things in the right container, and pack things safely for moving.
- Don’t take chances with confidential documents. If you don’t need to take some documents, don’t just leave them or throw them in a dumpster because people can find them. To be safe, shred all of them.
- Make sure that your employees are safe. Make sure that your employees and the people from the moving company are safe. Also, avoid making your staff lift heavy things or do things that can lead to danger.
- Introduce your staff. Let them know about parking rules, where the comfort rooms are, nearby restaurants, and other things that they need to know about the new location.
Relocating is stressful, not only for you but for your staff as well. Loosen up, chill, and welcome the office to the new location by having fun and celebrating with them.
Finding Help with Moving Professionals
We hope you found this blog post on Guide to a Seamless Office Relocation useful. Be sure to check out our post on Is Your Office Moving? Read This Plan to Help You Through the Process for more great tips!
Need to Move Furniture? With All Around Moving you don’t need to worry about any unexpected charges. We are always upfront about our prices and take pride in taking care of every need of our customers before and during the move. For a stress-free move where you don’t need to take care of anything contact us today! We are “A+” rated members of the Better Business Bureau and a member of Greater New York and Miami Dade Chambers of Commerce.
Discover how uniquely priced we are compared to other moving companies in New York, NY & Miami, Florida. Get a moving quote specifically tailored to your moving needs by calling us TODAY!
Have Experience in the Moving Industry? Want an Additional Income Stream? Work With All Around Moving!
All Around Moving’s Work With Us program provides experienced moving consultants with the opportunity to run their own Relocation Consultant business from anywhere in the USA. We provide licensing, dedicated phone lines and email hosting, moving software for lead tracking, invoicing, and complete set up.
We’ll even provide the carriers, or you can use your own. A nominal one-time start up fee gives you initial-customer-leads to get your business up and running. There are no recurring expenses, except purchasing your own leads. We share profits 50-50 with you from all jobs you book with us. Click here to learn more.