You could be the most extreme extrovert in your family or social circle, but you still need a place to call your own. Somewhere where you can recharge your batteries, regroup your energies and get ready to face another day. For most of us, that space is our bedroom.
It’s a place where you can completely relax and be yourself, shut out the world, spend a few hours of peace and quiet, perhaps read or pursue a hobby, plan for the future, go over the day’s events, or listen to your favorite music.
Even if you share the bedroom with a partner or spouse, you can still make it your own and organize things so that it’s comfortable and cozy.
And most importantly, the bedroom is your designated sleeping place.
Humans spend one third of their lives sleeping. In a lifetime, the average person spends more than 200,000 hours in sleep. This is what keeps you rested, performing your best and helps you stay mentally and physically well.
9 Great Cozy Bedroom Ideas
Creating a cozy bedroom is not just about shelling out a lot of money or getting expensive furniture and accessories. It’s about spending effort and time on analyzing your own needs, preferences, personality, habits and tastes, plus the space and budget limitations at your disposal.
You can talk to interior design professionals, get bedroom ideas from hollywoodmirrors.co.uk, replicate some of the good concepts you’ve seen at the homes of friends/family, or even use ideas that you remember and love from your childhood.
However, in the overwhelming need to create a comfortable space, you don’t have to sacrifice beauty, aesthetics and functionality.
1. Analyze the Space: The very first step to take is to take accurate measurements of the available space. Include the windows, doors and ceiling, as well as walls and balconies. Remember that the ceiling in a room functions as a fifth wall in terms of decoration, storage and usable space. Measurements help you to fit the other elements in the room such as furniture and accessories and also determine placement and convenience.
2. Size-Wise: We often have certain ideas about size – that small rooms can look cramped, and large ones feel impersonal. However, you can turn these ideas on their heads by the clever use of space, lighting, colors and arrangement. For smaller rooms, use space-saving storage, lighter color palettes, smart use of textures and accessories such as mirrors. In a large room, the challenge is to create an intimate and comfortable ambiance through warm hues, natural materials, accessories, demarcated spaces for lounging, dressing and resting, heavier furniture, etc.
3. Natural materials: If there’s anything that spells comfort and warmth, it’s natural materials such as wood, wool, cotton, brick, hessian or jute, organic fabrics, greenery and flowers. You can add touches of these materials in different areas such as floor, walls, furniture, headboards and shelves, carpets/rugs, adding fresh flowers and plants in a windowsill, a mix of heavy and sheer drapes and most importantly, natural light.
4. Lighting: Remember that your bedroom is primarily your sleep environment. Adjust the lighting according to the times that you want to sleep. If the room is too bright, you can cut the glare with blinds or heavy drapes, alternating with sheers for the later part of the day. Keep the day lighting as natural as possible, while using a variety of lighting solutions for different areas. Hanging lights, wall mounted sconces, pendant lights from the ceiling and free-standing lamps can do double duty as accessories and functional pieces. If you read or sew in your bedroom, task lighting is a great solution that helps you relax while pursuing your favorite hobby.
5. Furniture: Obviously, the bed is the biggest and most important piece of furniture in this room. Don’t skimp on the size of the bed, no matter how small the room. Adjust everything else around this focal point so that you get the maximum and most comfortable space to sleep. Select a theme and work with it as a base for all the furniture and accessories. If your bedroom is small, opt for lighter colored woods, lots of storage space and low levels, and ditch the headboard. With a larger room, you can splurge on four-posters, deluxe headboards, canopies, dark colored wood with carved bedposts, etc.
6. Mirrors: Besides adding light, interest and accents in the room, mirrors are also functional accessories in your bedroom. They’re essential for dressing and make-up and can also help to make the room look larger and more spacious. In a mini sized bedroom, use mirrors strategically to enhance the feeling of space by placing them where they can reflect light and space. For your large bedroom, accessorize your mirrors with ornate frames in wood or metal. It’s a great idea to have lights framing your make-up mirror. Fairy lights around the mirror add a festive touch while bouncing light off the reflective surface. Place a mirror opposite a window with a view to double the effect.
7. Soft Furnishings: Indulge your tactile senses with a variety of different textures in the bedroom. Chunky blankets, soft throws, silk cushions, woolen rugs and carpets, velvet tapestries, cotton or jute wall treatments, sheer lace curtains and satin sheets can create a sensory feast in your cozy bedroom. Use layered bed linens for a chic look, while cushions in different shapes and sizes, with color coordinated covers can ramp up the wow factor.
8. Shelves and Storage: Unobtrusive storage is a great concept, but if you’ve honestly got more stuff than can be tucked away, flaunt it! Open shelves at ceiling level, fitted shelves around the bed, and open storage for your designer shoe collection add personality and panache. Otherwise, stick to sliding doors on wardrobes, under-bed storage, pull-out drawers, recessed cabinets, etc. for good storage solutions.
9. Noise and Temperature Control: If you’re a light sleeper, make sure that you cut out ambient noises when you settle down for the night. Noisy neighborhoods can be stressful, and the smart solution is to use a white noise machine or to invest in a good pair of earplugs. Sleep is best achieved in a slightly cool environment, but have a warm cover handy in case you wake up feeling too cold. The size/firmness of your mattress can also contribute to your comfort, as well as the fabric you use for sheets and blankets. Pay attention to your own reactions and preferences so that you can personalize your bedroom completely and make it truly your own cozy niche.
Finding Help with Moving Professionals
We hope you found this blog post 9 Superb Ideas To Make A Bedroom Cozy useful. Be sure to check out our post Create A Dreamy Bedroom in 6 Easy Steps for more great tips!
Planning a move? With All Around Moving you don’t need to worry about any unexpected charges. We are always upfront about our prices and take pride in taking care of every need of our customers before and during the move. For a stress-free move where you don’t need to take care of anything contact us today! We are “A+” rated members of the Better Business Bureau and a member of Greater New York and Miami Dade Chambers of Commerce.
Discover how uniquely priced we are compared to other moving companies in New York, NY & Miami, Florida. Get a moving quote specifically tailored to your moving needs by calling us TODAY!
Have Experience in the Moving Industry? Want an Additional Income Stream? Work With All Around Moving!
All Around Moving’s Work With Us program provides experienced moving consultants with the opportunity to run their own Relocation Consultant business from anywhere in the USA. We provide licensing, dedicated phone lines and email hosting, moving software for lead tracking, invoicing, and complete set up.
We’ll even provide the carriers, or you can use your own. A nominal one-time start up fee gives you initial-customer-leads to get your business up and running. There are no recurring expenses, except purchasing your own leads. We share profits 50-50 with you from all jobs you book with us. Click here to learn more.