Calpe is a small Spanish town in the Costa Blanca resort area. Mount Peñón de Ifach, the symbol of the Costa Blanca, rises 322 meters above Calpe and goes almost a kilometer into the sea, dividing the coast into two picturesque bays – Arenal-Bol and La Fossa. Nearby there is a busy fishing port, near which the famous fish market operates year round. Not far from the port are the famous fish restaurants of Calpe, attracting gourmets from all over the coast. The above-mentioned beneficial location provides beneficial opportunities for developing spacious villas in the area. Villas in Calpe are the oases of luxury and style in the resort-like town.
A glance of history of Calpe
The area where Calpe is located has been inhabited since ancient times: archaeologists have found evidence of the presence of Iberians, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Moors (Arabs), Visigoths and Romans. Until the 17th century, the coast was regularly attacked by African pirates, against whom the city walls and observation tower were erected.
In the traditional for Spanish resorts Old Town in Calpe are the remains of the Moorish fortress wall and the only cathedral in Spain built in the Gothic-Moorish Mudejar style. Of interest are the 18th-century chapels of San Salvador and Comet, as well as the 19th-century Tore-Moli del Morello mill. Also worth a visit are two picturesque local churches, the Iglesia Antigua and the Senora de las Nieves.
Things to do enjoying the coastal lifestyle in Calpe
Becoming a resident of the country or during the visit, tourists and house buyers can enjoy some local entertainments. Of course, if you purchase a spacious villa or an apartment in Calpe for permanent stay, you obtain the chance to explore every nook and cranny of the historical town. Below there is a list of crucial entertainments definitely worth experiencing.
- Take advantage of Calpe’s advantageous location to drive along the coast in both directions, towards Denia or Benidorm.
- The city’s theater is often home to famous Spanish musicians, and you can enjoy a musical performance.
- Take a walk along the long beach, not only to the rock out to sea, but also afterwards.
- In the local tourist office in the city center to pick up discount coupons to the entertainment parks and maps of Calpe and the surrounding towns.
- Wander through the old part of town admiring the painted colored walls of houses.
- Taste the freshest fish in a local restaurant.
- Buy authentic souvenirs at the Saturday market.
- Be inspired by the modern architecture of the Manzanera neighborhood designed by the eminent Ricardo Bofill.
- At least from afar, catch a glimpse of the pink flamingos that come to Salt Lake Salinas in the center of town.
- Take your time and make photo stops to climb the Peñon de Ifach and say hello to the seagulls on the cliff.
Besides, there are also special local holidays that take place regularly. The citizens celebrate the holidays in honor of saints, which are the vivid representation of traditions and beliefs. As a rule, the celebrations are followed by parades and fireworks.
The surrounding territories of Calpe
Near Calpe you can visit the Algar Falls with their cool, refreshing water and the fortified town of Guadalest. Guadalest is as beautiful as if it just came off a postcard. It is nestled on the shores of a lake in the mountains with an amazing emerald color. The lake shores are dazzling white, and the mountains surrounding the city and the lake are covered with a thick green carpet.
The key outcomes
The city of Calpe is located on the territory that boasts of a great past. To preserve and protect the remains of glorious moments, the government takes care and provides finances. However, the biggest contribution is still made by tourists and foreign investors.
Villas in Calpe are the main objects of interest for the foreign businessmen. The housing units on the Spanish coast give good investment return and provide comfortable conditions for permanent living. The website Spain-Real.Estate is created to reveal the world of luxury real estate in Calpe, Spain. Do not wait and open the website.
We hope you found this blog post on Local entertainment to explore after becoming an owner of real estate in Calpe, Spain useful. Be sure to check out our post on 10 great reasons to move to SPAIN in 2023 for more great tips!
Have Experience in the Moving Industry? Want an Additional Income Stream? Work With All Around Moving!
Partner with us and we’ll help you make money by establishing your own moving consultant business. Click here to learn more.