Optimism is such an essential skill that many people don’t know how to use. Did you know that you can simply practice optimism by using affirmations? Affirmations are short and straightforward sayings that you can tell yourself, write down, or read daily to keep yourself optimistic and positive throughout a difficult time.
Moving, whether interstate, out of state move, or internationally is highly stressful for many people. If you’re moving soon, try out some of our favorite 50 positive affirmations to help you get through it. You might just find that it helps! Curious to learn more about optimism? The team at BetterHelp has put together a fantastic set of resources to help: https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/optimism/
50 Positive Affirmations for Moving
Here are our favorite 50 affirmations for moving stress-free. Try writing them down in your journal, saying them out loud in the mirror, or reading them daily to get the best effect.
- I am calm and collected.
- I am excited to move.
- My moving process is going smoothly, and I can handle any obstacles in the way.
- Even in the face of difficulty, I remain a positive force.
- I can overcome any stress or fears that arise during my move.
- I have people who love and support me.
- I am intelligent and capable.
- Moving doesn’t scare me.
- My favorite part of today was (say/write/think your favorite part of the day).
- I am good at organization.
- Even when I feel scared, I can understand the difference between my fears and reality.
- My new home is going to be amazing.
- I can’t wait to get to my destination.
- Prosperity is attracted to me.
- Whatever positivity I need will be brought to me, plus ten times more.
- I am resilient through everything.
- I am working hard for my family and for myself.
- I am doing a fantastic job, and I am proud of myself.
- I am thankful for the family and friends, and support system I have in my life.
- It’s incredible that I’ve come so far in my moving journey.
- I will be safe throughout every step of my move.
- I have many resources available to me if I need them.
- I am not alone.
- I am excited to learn about a new area of the world.
- The journey is just as important as the destination.
- I am happy with my life.
- I am happy that I’m moving.
- Even when stressed, I continue to smile and get up in the morning.
- I can keep myself safe.
- I know how to push through hardships.
- Every step of my moving process is secure, and I have a backup if it does not.
- I love myself, and I am glad I am here.
- Any cultural differences that come up during my move will be a teaching opportunity for me.
- I can meet my goals.
- I will respect my body and mind during my move and not do more than I am capable of doing.
- Moving is an experience, and I am enjoying being in the moment.
- I am living in the moment.
- A new routine is an opportunity, not a hindrance.
- I can’t wait to see what my new life will bring me.
- My career is going to only grow as time goes on.
- I am so proud of how far I’ve come in life.
- Money is an unlimited resource that I can tap into at any time.
- I am safe, and I will continue to be safe.
- Everything that is meant to be will be.
- There are no obstacles that I cannot face and overcome.
- I am so lucky to have the resources to move.
- I am healthy.
- I can’t wait to explore the world more than I already have.
- I am protected, and I protect myself.
- I will continue to try to be positive and to do the best I can, even when it is hard.
Remember, you don’t have to fully believe in an affirmation for it to be true. Affirmations are a great tool to use when you need a boost of optimism in your day. The more you state something, the more accurate it will start to feel to you as you move throughout your life. You can continue to use affirmations even after your move has been completed.
How to Be Positive When I Feel Stressed
It’s normal to have doubts about positivity when you’re feeling fearful or stressed. Increased levels of the stress hormone cortisol in our bodies can cause our heart rate to rise and our breathing to accelerate. You may even start to think more negatively than usual, as your body is telling you that “something is wrong.”
If you’re finding yourself turning to these negative thoughts, remind yourself that you are human, and our stress response is a natural way of our body to protect us from harm. Moving cannot truly harm us, and even in the rare chance that an emergency happened, there are so many resources you can use to get out of it and get through it.
Using affirmations is something that can help lower your stress response and even cause your heart rate and breathing to go back to normal. Even if you’re entirely convinced that positivity can’t do anything for you, try reading through the affirmations again and seeing how you feel. Keep an open mind and don’t shut down each one or try to explain why it’s not valid.
All you have to do is read it and move on to the next one, without much thought. The goal is to get you to be able to casually uplift yourself and practice optimism without allowing anxious thoughts or negative influences to change it.
In other words,
Life is full of ups and downs, but positivity will enable you to deal with the downs a little better than you might have without it.
We hope these hacks will help you after reading: Optimism While Moving: 50 Positive Affirmations to Help You Move. Be sure to check out our post How to Stay Tidy and Organized When Moving for more great tips!