Here are some steps you can take to create a budget that will help with your upcoming move:
- CREATE OR DOWNLOAD A TEMPLATE:
It’s easiest to budget when you have a line-item template to use. It will keep your costs all in one place, where they are easy to access and simple to read. As you plan your office relocation, you’ll want your budget to be accessible because you will consult it often.
- ADD IN YOUR OFFICE MOVERS COST: Get quotes from different moving companies and add the HIGHEST one to your budget.
- ADD EXTRA SERVICES: This expense includes having your professional movers pack your company files, connect and disconnect your computer systems, etc…
- ADD EXTRA CHARGES: This cost includes special transportation (such as trucks with controlled temperatures for transporting sensitive material), certificate of insurance if the building management requires them, moving over a holiday or expediting moves to accommodate a tight schedule.
- ADD EXISTING OFFICE REPAIRS: If your current office has repairs that still need to be taken care of, check your lease to see who covers the costs, whether it’s the tenant or the landlord. If those repairs are your responsibility, add the estimated cost to your budget.
- NEW OFFICE COSTS: This expense includes rent, your security deposit, legal fees, new furniture, building insurance, new phone systems, IT infrastructure, etc…
- ADDITIONAL STAFF HOURS: If some of your staff will be putting in extra time to help with the move, add their overtime to your budget.
- ADVISING FEES: This expense can include office designers, lawyers, general contractors, etc…
- MARKETING COSTS: If you are plan to create new marketing materials to let your customers know about your COMMERCIAL MOVE include those costs on your budget.
- EARLY LEASE TERMINATION PENALTY: If you are terminating your current lease early in order to accommodate your scheduled move, add that fee to your budget.
Office moving can be a difficult, tiring task, and hiring a moving service company such as All Around Moving, experienced movers for many years, can make your move much easier.
We hope you enjoyed reading this