Frequently Asked Questions
How do you move furniture in NYC?
The best ways to move furniture in NYC include the following:
- Bride your friends with beer and pizza
- Of course, our friends like us, but it’s easier to get help when offering an incentive. Asking friends to help you move furniture may be a quick and cheap route to making your move happen.
- Prep for the upcoming move
- Remove objects from shelves and pack small items in labeled boxes. Come moving day, this step will help progress move faster given the small items are out of the way, and movers can now just focus on moving the furniture.
- Use equipment to move furniture easily like:
- Furniture sliders which are placed under the furniture to aid in moving. Having a dolly will make moving and maneuvering large furniture much easier. Along with those, consider the use of moving straps. They are not bulky. The straps are light weight and effective at lighting and moving large furniture.
- Safely and cautiously
- Most spaces are pretty tight in NYC, so in order to protect your furniture as well as the walls and door frames, precaution is necessary.
Not just inside the home or apartment. Moving equipment outside could pose potential threats like trips, falls, pedestrians and traffic.
- Hiring a professional moving company
- An option considered by many. In doing so, you leave the task at hand to professionals with the experience and equipment to get the job done right and in the timely manner.
Hiring a professional moving company will free your time to focus on other important matters while the moving company does what they do best.
How much does a mover cost in NYC?
Everyone’s moving price is different because everyone has different needs on their moving day. The best way to estimate how much movers cost in NYC is for you to understand how much these variables individually add into the cost of your move, and then to do the calculations yourself.
Moving costs depend on several variable factors, but the best shorthand to estimate your moving fees is your inventory.
Average costs based on NYC apartment size found price ranges were generally consistent with how many rooms were in a person’s apartment. The price ranges are as follows within the New York City area:
- STUDIO – $550-$800
- 1 Bedroom Apartment – $800 TO $1100
- 2 Bedroom Apartment – $1100 – $1500
- 3 Bedroom Apartment – $1500 AND UP
The main factors in your quote are inventory, distance and accessorial services required.
Where can I get help moving furniture in New York City?
There are several options to get help moving furniture in New York City. Friends and family are a quick and cheap option. Given that you already have a relationship with them, they will be more than willing to help assist with you move, possibly for free!
If you don’t have any family or friends around, you can also consider planning to move yourself. If you plan ahead, you can compile a list of supplies that you’ll need to make your move happen. Some of these items include boxes, tape, markers, and bubble wrap.
Once supplies are gathered, you can begin packing your belongings in an organized manner that will make it easy to unpack once you move.
Lastly, if you have no friends, family, and no desire to complete the move on your own, you can hire a professional moving company. Conduct research to ensure you’re hiring a reputable moving company that offers exceptional service at a competitive price.
How do I move furniture to Manhattan from another state?
If you are planning to move furniture to Manhattan from another state, it’s highly suggested to hire a professional moving company. Especially if you lack the equipment, time, and experience. A professional moving company can alleviate the stress of moving your furniture to another state.
What is the easiest way to move heavy furniture?
The following tips will answer how do you move furniture in NYC
- Get help
- Plan out your trip
- Protect doorways and remove molding if necessary
- Use furniture sliders
- Use the “L” method to get chairs through doors
- Use personal protective equipment
- Find a dolly for heavy and awkward sized objects
- Purchase and use lifting straps